Monday, October 22, 2012

That's what I said asshole

 Ha that scene used to make us laugh so hard, we used to rewind it and watch it over and over.
(I don't remember much else from that movie, but I am sure it wasn't supposed to be as funny as I thought it was...oh well)

Anyways Joe and I bought a rotisserie chicken this weekend from the Shaws.
 (that's so unlike us, I know) 
Pinterest made me do it, it promised that you could make 37 different things from the leftovers!
(all of those things were gross...and we didn't have that much left over anyways)
So we had a little left over chicken and biscuits and NOTHING to do with them!

But never fear I came up with the best plan ever!
My brain was all like "make hack job Cracker Barrel Sunday brunch"

What does that even mean???
Well basically my two favorite CB brunch things are:
Chicken and mashed potatoes and biscuits and gravy!
So basically I would make country gravy with shredded rotisserie chicken in it and put it on biscuits make home fries and steamed spinach with bacon to go with?
I am so smart!
(so smart)

So the biscuits and chicken I already had (biscuits from a can obvi!)
If you don't have left overs and couldn't figure this out you will need biscuits and pulled chicken that's cooked
and for the gravy all you need is:
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used the vegan butter we have...same thing basically)
2/3 cup flour
2 1/2- 3 cups milk
pinch of salt
and a lot of black pepper (I mean it doesn't have to be a lot but it should be!)

Make the home fries first and have them in the oven. (home fries)
Then for the gravy put the oil (or butter) in a large fry pan with the flour and cook on low heat stirring constantly until it thickens, bring the heat to medium and add milk slowly while stirring constantly until it looks gravy constancy (duh) let that boil when it does turn the heat back to low add salt pepper and chicken and cover stirring occasionally. If you can between all that stirring chop some bacon and cook it (if you can't that's fine just do it after), Now warm your biscuits in the oven, then in a pan with a lid put in your washed spinach that's still a little wet and the bacon steam on high hear for four to five minutes stirring once in a while. (I saved some bacon for Joe because he can't eat spinach). 

Then you are done! Open up the biscuit and scoop on the chicken gravy (I sprinkled bacon on top of Joe's) and load up the rest of the stuff on the plate, we had peaches and strawberry fruit salad on the side as well. 

It was good!

On to some sad news two (sucky) people were all like "It's so lame that brunch isn't a big deal in the US" and I am so not one to get all "USA! USA! USA!" but that made me a little mad it totally is! I have waited hours for brunch outside restaurants and it part of most holidays (or the day after holidays at least for my family) also I highly doubt that where they are from people eat brunch  every fuckin' weekend!
However, if this is the popular opinion then step it up my American (or those currently residing in the states) bitches!
Stop being lazy! 
MORE BRUNCH!
OH THE SAME! 
THE SHAME!

Okay I am done now. Bye-bye y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment