Sunday, September 30, 2012

Oh goodness I almost did it again!!

I am a slacker!
Truth be told though we haven't been eating much brunch.
I know its sad...so so sad!
But Joe has been off dairy and though I know how to make many vegan things he hasn't been super into it.
Also it not just dairy a few other things too
...like...
GASP! CAFFEINE!
(Yeah so I totally have a serious headache right now...fun fun)

But two things we have had a brunch (ha get it) are breakfast boats, and breakfast samiches!
"What's a breakfast boat?
Don't care I want it!"
That is what you should be saying to yourself...I mean anything eatable that comes in or is described as a boat is amazing!

So breakfast boats can be built out of two different things:
Bread or potatoes.

So basically you carve out a loaf of bread (a baguette, I like getting small six inch ones form Panera or the Shaws bakery, you need a bread with a hard crust all the way around...sub rolls DON'T work!) or if you are using potato it needs to be baked (yes it has to be baked or microwaved...leftovers work perfect) and then you cut a thin layer off the top and hollow it out.

Seems easy but you have to be careful that you don't puncture the bread crust or potato skin.
Once they are hallow,  you just fill them with beaten eggs, sausage/bacon, and (vegan) cheese!

It doesn't have to be egg, sausage and cheese, you can add anything you want...like veggies, you could go all south-western with it with peppers and beans and salsa...I mean get creative maaaannnn

Anyways you mix all the fillings with the eggs, then with your boat (be it bread or potato) on a foiled baking sheet, fill it add a little extra cheese and a little pepper, then bake it at 400 until the eggs are fully cooked!

It's pretty easy we eat these a lot for brunch and for dinner!
So anyways I will do better next month and post a bunch...maybe!

Byees!

No comments:

Post a Comment