Monday, April 2, 2012

OH! HI!

On weekends sometime between the hours of 10am and 2pm a wonderful thing happens in homes and restaurants across the world, that wonderful thing is BRUNCH!
Why is brunch so wonderful? If you don't know...go away! 
No you can stay, I will tell you.
Brunch is the perfect meal, its casual, it takes the good parts of breakfast and sets them at a time people who hate mornings can stand and well there is booze normally...it really doesn't get better!


So the reasons behind this blog, and what exactly it is I am doing here (other than making an obvious argument for brunch):
I am doing this for two reasons really, first to honor my fathers memory. My dad was a bit antisocial and I truly believe he didn't like people, but boy did he like cooking for them. Every time I saw him he had new crazy cooking stories, ideas and recipes from parties he or his girlfriend had or were planning. No stories about the parties themselves just about the food. I always enjoyed sharing recipes with him while being super judgmental about the other people in whatever place we were, so this is a way I can continue to do that.

The second reason is underneath my super cynical personality there is a tiny Martha Stewart living inside me knitting kitten sweaters, perfecting the the golden tips of her baked Alaska and attempting to brighten my personalty with glitter and tissue paper flowers all at the same time. She needs an outlet and I need an excuse to make all of the things I pin to my "someday" boards on Pinterest. 
So taking all of that and my almost unhealthy love of brunch, it seems only natural to host a themed brunch once a month and share all the wonderful details here, Yippee!

Not sure the theme for April yet, Special Lady Day...maybe, I will let you know.

-K

Oh hey and check out my logo/ header my awesome sister made it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment